Colliers’ Rating service ensures you receive the best possible support in effectively planning and managing your rates liability to save you money.
With over 50 years of experience in the industry, Colliers offer a complete range of business rates services delivered by a team of over 100 experts across the UK, including Rating Diploma Holders.
Colliers have saved £1.2 billion for clients since 2010. £350 million of savings have been recovered by their specialist Accurates team, who are dedicated to recovering historic business rates for clients, with a team of audit specialists counting ex-local authority tax inspectors.
• Rateable value appeal – ensure your Rateable Value (RV) is as accurate as possible
• Property usage review - review of your property usage and how it affects your RV
• Rate account management - manage client rates liability on their behalf
• Business rates forensic audit – make sure your current and historic business rates bills are correct and challenge them when they’re not
• Empty Rates Mitigation – if you have or previously had an empty property, Colliers can help save you money
• Material change of circumstance appeals – if a property has been affected by outside factors e.g. building works, Colliers can look at reducing your RV
Colliers acts for a large number of serviced office operators and is often asked to provide them with advice on current matters affecting ratepayers.